Authentic describes defining, refining and recovering our bearings, our realness, and our commitment to what matters – what God has called us to. The theme has three streams: Authentic Jesus; Authentic Gospel and Authentic Leadership. These are times when all three are being distorted and when we need to be enabled and equipped to give a reason for our hope. Two of God’s senior statesmen in the church, Derek Morphew and Michael Cassidy, will give the highest quality inputs on the first two, and the “Café” track will give opportunity to work through the third. You will go home refreshed and renewed, more committed than ever, ready for being the Authentic ambassador Jesus “ran you down to be!”
AVCSA’s national conference 2013 is, as usual, aimed at all levels of leaders in our local churches. The theme for this year is “AUTHENTIC” – a shout out to the arising generation of futurists, who require that the church hears and demonstrates, more now than ever, the value of integrity and truth in its preaching, corporate life and public witness.
Here are some important logistical details regarding the conference.
1. Registrations and payments: Thank you to those who have registered and made payment. You are encouraged to register as soon as possible. Registrations close on 6 September 2013. Remember to fill in a form for every person that will be attending. Please send proof of payment to
2. Accommodation and Airport shuttles: If you would like to make use of the limited “first come, first serve” accommodation, please contact Jonathan Lazarus directly 082 352 7237. Also contact Jonathan for transport needs.
3. Thursday Banquet: As with tradition, we will be having our wonderful cultural celebration on Thursday 26th September at 18h00. So you are encouraged to celebrate the rich cultures that we have in our country and our movement by wearing your traditional clothing and worshipping God together as the Bride of Christ!
4. Promotional Tables: If you would like to show us “what you’ve got” by booking a table inside the hall to promote your ministry, resources, gifts, etc please let me know by Friday 13th September latest so we can accommodate you.
5. Networking: This will be happening daily from 15h30 – 17h00, so if you wish to call a specific group of people together (e.g, mercy ministries, etc) please let us know by Monday 9th September. We will announce the details during the conference.
6. Outreach Opportunity: Delegates will be given the opportunity to participate in facilitated outreaches during the course of the week. More details to follow soon.
7. Time for the children: Yes, we will be having children’s ministry this year! We will be having a group of great people working with them. Please send the names and ages of your children 14 years and under to
Please see details below for a Spiritual Formation Retreat from November 18-22 at Carmel. Join Alexander Venter on this special retreat that will focus on the personal renewal and formation of pastors and leaders, with a view to the intentional spiritual formation of their congregations toward Christ-likeness.
The purpose of the retreat is to encounter God, and to find rest and renewal – even redirection for your life and ministry- in that encounter.